An Opportunity exists within the Generation Department, to temporarily fill the position of
The Temporary Shift Attendant will be accountable to the Senior Shift Operations Supervisor with the primary responsibility to assist in the operation and monitoring of Generating plant and auxiliary equipment at the Company’s power stations.
Some of the primary responsibilities of the Temporary Shift Attendant will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and recording engine parameters and reporting all faults.
- Maintaining the generating plant, engine floor and surrounding areas in a safe and clean manner.
- Taking weekly water and oil samples for testing purposes, and discarding waste oil and sludge from generating plants.
- Lubricating the fuel racks.
- Changing and cleaning oil and oil filters.
- Transferring fuel from drain tanks to day tanks manually.
- Assisting Supervisors in earthing circuit breakers.
- Washing the Compressor side of the turbo charger.
- Inspect drains, traps, fuel bund walls and interceptors and reports conditions.
- Monitoring and recording fuel and lube oil bulk tank levels.
- Starting and stopping the engines.
- Any other related duties as required
The ideal candidate must possess:
- An Associate Degree, Diploma or certificate in Electrical Installation or Diesel Mechanics
- At least eighteen (18) months in a related field
It would be an asset if you also have:
- Knowledge of Power Plant Operations and Diesel Mechanics
If, after reading the above, you believe that you are the ideal candidate, we would like to hear from you. Please submit your application by sending a cover letter and resume addressed to our Senior Human Resources Manager on our career portal at lucelec.catsone.com/careers or mail to P.O. Box 230, Castries by Friday, January 24, 2020.
Deadline for receipt of applications—4:30pm Friday, January 24, 2020