An opportunity exists within the Facilities Management & Construction Department, Cul De Sac to fill the position of Air Conditioning Technician
The Air Conditioning Technician will be accountable to the Building Services Supervisor with the primary responsibility to inspect, troubleshoot, repair and maintain existing and install new A/C Systems at all LUCELEC Facilities.
Some of the primary responsibilities of this role include but will not be limited to:
- Carry out routine inspections of all A/C Systems at LUCELEC Facilities to ensure functionality and operating efficiency at all times.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair all faulty A/C Systems
- Assist with the development and implementation of a preventive maintenance programme for all A/C Systems at LUCELEC.
- Routinely perform and maintain inventory of all LUCELEC A/C Systems as part of the Building Services Asset Database
- Prepares materials lists and cost estimates for A/C Maintenance, Repair & Replacement
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget for A/C Maintenance, Repair and Replacement
- Perform basic A/C designs inclusive of unit sizing and development of specifications as and when necessary
- Perform oversight, review and certification of all work carried out by A/C Contractors’ on behalf of LUCELEC as part of a quality assurance programme and to ensure value maximization.
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools, program, calibrate and adjust system settings to keep temperature comfortable and ensure operational optimization
- Assist in development of new initiatives to enhance reliability, reduce energy consumption and improve air quality associated with A/C Systems.
- Perform other duties associated with electrical works as may be assigned from time to time
The ideal candidate must possess:
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years related professional experience
- Associate Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Systems
- Must be a licensed and certified A/C Technician
- Passes in 5 CXC Subjects including Mathematics and English A
- Knowledge of Principles of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Systems
- Knowledge of Basic principles of electrical installation, Local electrical and H.V.A.C. codes and Safe Indoor Air Quality Standards
- Valid Driver’s license
Have the ability to:
- Analyze and compile technical and statistical information and prepare reports
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Operate still and video cameras for accurately recording field conditions and gathering data
- Respond to difficult and sensitive staff inquiries
- Solve problems using innovation and available resources
- Prepare and maintain accurate engineering records
- Work on weekends, public holidays and after hours
- Read blueprints, interpret standard drawings and specifications, survey notes, maps and reports
- Work in the field executing physical tasks and adapt to office environment as required
- Drive at least standard goods vehicle
If, after reading the above, you believe that you are the ideal candidate, we would like to hear from you. Please submit your application by sending a cover letter and resume addressed to our Senior Human Resources Manager on our career portal at lucelec.catsone.com/careers or mail to P.O. Box 230, Castries by Friday, January 24, 2020.
Deadline for receipt of applications—4:30 pm Friday, January 24, 2020